1. Unwritten Legends Terms of Service
Perfect Parable, LLC ("Unwritten Legends") agrees to provide you ("User") access to the use of Unwritten Legends Online Games and those electronic forums, chat areas, software and graphics libraries, games and other computer services which Unwritten Legends may occasionally offer (collectively, referred to herein as "Services"), under and subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. User is responsible for obtaining the equipment, Internet service provider, software and telephone services which are necessary for accessing and using the aforementioned Services.
2. Entire Agreement; Amendments
This agreement (the "Agreement") comprises the entire agreement between Unwritten Legends and User, and supersedes any prior agreements between User and Unwritten Legends with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement does not supersede any additional terms and conditions of which User is notified by Unwritten Legends and/or which may apply when using third party content, software or services. Unwritten Legends may amend or revise this Agreement at any time and at its sole discretion, and such amendment or revision shall be effective upon posting of such revised agreement on the Unwritten Legends web site (the "Web Site"). User hereby agrees to review this Agreement by accessing the Website periodically to become aware of any such revisions. If any revision is unacceptable to User, this Agreement may be terminated by User as provided in Section 8 hereof. Continued use of the Services following posting of the revised Agreement shall be deemed to be acceptance of all such revisions.
3. Account Information
User agrees to provide Unwritten Legends with valid, complete and updated (as applicable) registration information. Failure to do so will constitute a breach of this Agreement, and any subsequent access to Services by User will be considered invalid and unauthorized. Unauthorized access to any Services may result in immediate termination of User's account and will subject User to civil and criminal liability. When registering for any Service, User will select a password (the "Password"). User shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Password and shall be liable for any damages resulting from disclosing or allowing disclosure of such Password or from the use, authorized or unauthorized, by any person of such Password to gain access to User's account. For security reasons, Unwritten Legends recommends that User change the Password often. At NO TIME should User respond to an online request for the Password. Former Unwritten Legends Users' whose accounts have been terminated by Unwritten Legends may not access the Services in any manner without the express written (which shall be deemed to include authorization via email) permission of Unwritten Legends. User shall not knowingly allow a former member who has been terminated to utilize his/her active account to access the Services. Unless expressly authorized by Unwritten Legends, User may not open multiple Service accounts. Only one User per Service account may use the Services at any given time.
Current rates and surcharges for using the Services may be obtained by accessing the appropriate section of the Website. Unwritten Legends may change its fees and billing methods at any time and at its sole discretion effective upon thirty (30) days' prior notice, which notice shall be posted on the Website. All changes will be posted online, and User is responsible for periodically reviewing posted pricing information and for keeping current with any changes. If any such change is unacceptable to User, User may terminate his/her Unwritten Legends service account as provided in Section 8 hereof. User's continued use of the Services following any posted billing change shall be deemed acceptance of such change. User's micro transaction fees are non-refundable in whole or in part. User shall be responsible for any and all Internet service provider access charges incurred while connecting to the Services. Each time User accesses the Services, User agrees and reaffirms that Unwritten Legends is authorized, as applicable, to charge User's designated credit or debit card, via the selected payment service. All charges are exclusive of sales tax. If User's use of the Services is subject to use or sales tax, as provided by local, state, national or international law, then Unwritten Legends may pass the amount of any such taxes on to User.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty
To the maximum extent allowed by law, Unwritten Legends hereby disclaims any and all warranties relating to connection to, transmission over, or results or use of, any network connection or facilities provided (or the failure of such to be provided) through the Services. User is solely responsible for assessing his/her own computer transmission network needs, and obtaining suitable service from a third party to fulfill such needs. USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICES, ALL SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY UNWRITTEN LEGENDS AND THE INTERNET ARE AT USER'S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES AND ANY SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY UNWRITTEN LEGENDS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. UNWRITTEN LEGENDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, ALL SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY UNWRITTEN LEGENDS AND THE INTERNET. UNWRITTEN LEGENDS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY USER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA FROM DELAYS, NONDELIVERIES, ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME, MISDELIVERIES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS CAUSED BY THE CONDUCT OR NEGLIGENCE OF UNWRITTEN LEGENDS, ITS LICENSORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS, OR USER'S OWN ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS. Unwritten Legends makes no warranty with respect to any related software or hardware used or provided by Unwritten Legends in connection with the Services. Any patent, trademark, trade secret or warranty infringements, whether actual or alleged, are the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of said hardware or software product, and Unwritten Legends assumes no responsibility for any actions, liabilities or damages arising from the possession or use of these software or hardware products.
6. Limitation of Liability
USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT UNWRITTEN LEGENDS SHALL NOT ASSUME OR HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION BY UNWRITTEN LEGENDS OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS OR OTHER LICENSORS WITH RESPECT TO CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT OF THE SERVICES. UNWRITTEN LEGENDS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY PRODUCT PROVIDED BY UNWRITTEN LEGENDS. UNWRITTEN LEGENDS' ENTIRE LIABILITY AND USER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL SOFTWARE DEVELOPED BY OR FOR UNWRITTEN LEGENDS SERVICES WHICH IS FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE USING MEDIA CHOSEN BY UNWRITTEN LEGENDS SERVICES SHALL BE LIMITED TO AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY USER FOR THE DEFECTIVE SERVICE LESS AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE VALUE OF THE SERVICE FOR THE TIME THAT IT OPERATED PROPERLY. UNWRITTEN LEGENDS' LIABILITY TO USER FOR ANY AND ALL BREACHES OF THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED SOLELY TO THE TOTAL CUMULATIVE AMOUNT PAID BY USER TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES. IN STATES WHICH DO NOT ALLOW AN EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, UNWRITTEN LEGENDS' LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Unwritten Legends from all liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees, arising from or related to any breach of this Agreement by User, or in connection with transmissions by or through User's Service account. Unwritten Legends reserves the right, at User's expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by User hereunder, and in such event, User shall have the obligation to provide indemnification for such matter and reimbursement of all reasonable attorneys' fees incurred by Unwritten Legends in defending such claim.
Either User or Unwritten Legends may terminate User's subscription to the Services at any time. User's sole and exclusive recourse with respect to dissatisfaction with any: (a) Agreement term, policy or practice of Unwritten Legends in operating the Services, (b) Content available through the Services or change therein, or (c) Amount or type of fees or billing methods or a change therein, shall be termination of User's access to the Services by notifying Unwritten Legends Customer Service, as provided below, of User's desire to so terminate and by confirming such request in writing or electronically if requested to do so by Unwritten Legends. User's notice of termination will be effective upon receipt by Unwritten Legends or upon receipt of User's written confirmation by Unwritten Legends if confirmation is so requested. If User's Services account is terminated or canceled, no refund of any fees will be granted to User, and any value credited to User's account shall not be convertible to cash or other form of credit.
To cancel all Services in their entirety, User may send an email to email@example.com which specifies the nature of the cancellation request.
This Agreement is not assignable by User. It is governed by the law of the State of Georgia, excluding any conflict-of-laws rules. Each party waives the right to a jury trial in any lawsuit or action based upon or arising out of this Agreement. This Agreement contains the complete and exclusive understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No waiver, alteration, or modification of any of the provisions hereof will be binding unless made in accordance with the provisions of Section 2 hereof., or unless expressly agreed to in a writing signed by both parties. User may not use, copy, modify, sublicense, rent, sell, assign or transfer rights and privileges granted pursuant to this Agreement, or the Services, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement shall be void. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and such decision shall not affect the enforceability; (i) of such provision under other circumstances, or (ii) of the remaining provisions hereof under all circumstances. The paragraph headings contained in this Agreement are for the purposes of convenience only and are not intended to define or limit the contents of said paragraphs. Unwritten Legends and User are independent contractors under this Agreement. Unwritten Legends' failure to enforce, at any time, any of the provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect the right of either party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. The express waiver by Unwritten Legends of any provision, condition or requirement of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of Unwritten Legends shall be considered a breach of this Agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of Unwritten Legends.
10. Unacceptable Conduct
(a) User may not engage in any conduct or communication while using the Services which is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the Services. User agrees to use the Services only for lawful purposes. Unwritten Legends reserves the right to terminate User's membership if it determines, in its sole discretion, that User has engaged in unacceptable conduct. The list of prohibited conduct set forth in Subsection (b) below provides examples of unacceptable conduct, which list is not exhaustive, and Unwritten Legends reserves the right, but not the responsibility, to restrict conduct which Unwritten Legends deems, in its sole discretion, to be harmful to individual members, damaging to the Services, or in violation of Unwritten Legends' or any third party's rights. Unwritten Legends may prohibit or delete conduct, communication or content transmitted on Unwritten Legends services that is deemed to be in violation of applicable laws or is harmful to other members, the Unwritten Legends service community or the rights of Unwritten Legends in general. User acknowledges, however, that communication over the Services often occurs in real-time and Unwritten Legends cannot, and does not intend to, screen communication in advance.
YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES TO:
- Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. Unwritten Legends does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any User who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.
- Post or transmit sexually explicit images, or point or reference to such images. Unwritten Legends prohibits the transfer or posting of sexually explicit images or other content deemed offensive.
- Transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content. If User engages in hateful or abusive language online, even if masked by symbols or other characters, or engages in other impermissible behavior, User may receive a warning, or be temporarily or permanently excluded from one or more services, forums, chat areas, or User's membership may be terminated immediately and User may be subject to civil liability and/or prosecution by law enforcement authorities.
- Scroll or carry out any action with a similar disruptive effect. "Scrolling" is defined as repeatedly causing the screen to roll faster than Users are able to type onto it.
- Impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, Unwritten Legends' employees, monitors or hosts. User shall not hold himself or herself out or portray himself or herself as an Unwritten Legends staff member or employee while engaging in all forms of online communication, including, but not limited to, member names, member profiles, voice, text or graphic chat, message postings or any form of communication on line. Impersonation of Unwritten Legends staff shall be grounds for immediate account termination.
- Engage in "disruptive behavior" in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area of the Services. Disruptive behavior shall be deemed to include, but will not be limited to, conduct which purposefully interferes with the normal flow of dialogue in a Service area. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
- Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid marketing schemes. This type of material places an unnecessary load on the Services and is considered a nuisance by many members. Certain types of chain letters and pyramid schemes are also illegal. Such prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of letters or messages which offer a product or service and which are based on the structure of a chain letter.
- Posting or transmitting unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation. Unwritten Legends services are not to be used to send unsolicited advertising, promotional material, or other forms of solicitation to other members. You may not use Unwritten Legends services to collect or "harvest" member names without the express permission of those members. Unwritten Legends reserves the right to block and/or filter mass email solicitations on or through the service.
- Violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service. User further agrees to abide by the rules of User's Internet service provider.
- Violate, intentionally or unintentionally, any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- Modify any files which Unwritten Legends does not specifically authorize User to modify. Use of material which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder is prohibited, and will result in the termination of User's membership and possible civil and/or criminal liability.
- Post to many forums at once and/or send multiple unsolicited emails to a single address, sometimes referred to as "spamming," is prohibited. Unwritten Legends may take action on User's account if any of the following offenses is reported: (a) Posting a similar or identical message to more than 5 forums; (b) Sending unsolicited mail to more than 25 people or (c) Sending more than two (2) unsolicited emails to a single email address. Repeated spamming will result in account termination.
In certain situations, the overall pattern of behavior on an account or a set of linked accounts may be determined to be disruptive or abusive, even if no one single act clearly violates any specific policy. In such cases, Unwritten Legends reserves the right to determine what patterns of behavior are defined as "high-maintenance" or "disruptive" and may take action against the account(s), ranging from a simple request to moderate the high-maintenance behavior, to total lockout of all linked accounts.
11. Copyright Rules and Regulations
- User acknowledges that Unwritten Legends permits access to content that is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual and proprietary rights. User also acknowledges that such rights are valid and protected in all media and technologies existing now or later developed, and unless expressly provided otherwise, this Agreement and any applicable copyright laws govern User's use of the content of the Services.
- User agrees to upload to software libraries, message boards, or to transmit on or through the Services only that content which is not subject to copyright laws, or which any holder of copyright or other proprietary rights has given express authorization for distribution on the Services. User represents that if User uploads any files, he or she shall have the prior legal authorization to do so. By submitting such content to any "public area" of the Services, User grants Unwritten Legends and its affiliates the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display such content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. User also warrants that the holder of any rights with respect to such content has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to User the right to grant the license stated above. User also permits any other authorized Users of Services to access, display, view, store and reproduce the content for personal use.